Weddings, Christenings and Celebrations at Maidenhead Rowing Club
Maidenhead Rowing Club is the perfect setting for Weddings, Christenings and Family Celebrations. With outstanding views of the River Thames, on-site parking and a licensed bar, the Clubroom provides the ideal space for your event.
The Clubroom has a capacity for up to 100 people to sit and enjoy a meal with adjoining kitchen facilities for your caterers. The Bar offers magnificent views of the River Thames with Brunel's famous Sounding Arch to the left and Maidenhead Bridge to the right. With an open-fire, real ale and superior wines the bar further enhances our facilities to provide the perfect setting for your special occasion.
Both the Clubroom and the Bar open out onto the balcony which stretches the length of the club and is ideal for Summer Barbeques and parties.
- Date of proposed event
- Type of event eg wedding, christening, party
- timing and the number of people attending
- Your contact telephone number.
- Someone will respond to you within 48 hours.
- How much does it cost to hire the club for a private function (party, christening)? The cost for hiring the hall is £50 per hour, you will need to hire the room for 30 minutes before the event commences and one hour after the event in order to allow the staff to set the bar up and to clear away at the end. There is a discount available for members of the rowing club.
- How much is the booking deposit? We ask for a deposit of £200, this will be returned to you after wards unless there are any unpaid bar bills or damage to the club.
- Can I bring my own drinks? You are more than welcome to bring your own Bubbles i.e. Champagne, Cava, Prosecco etc, we charge £7.00 per bottle for corkage and will provide you with the champagne glasses, and our staff will serve the bubbles for you and wash the glasses afterwards. We kindly ask that all other drinks (including soft drinks) are purchased from our fully stocked and very reasonably priced bar.
- Can you provide me with catering? We can supply you with a list of caterers, however we are unable to provide or arrange any catering on your behalf. Alternatively you are more than welcome to use your own caterer or do your own.
- What kitchen facilities do you have? We have a fully equipped kitchen you are welcome to use. We are also able to offer you some fridge space and the use of our cooker.
- Can I have a live band or DJ? Please check when you make your booking. Our licence permits one event per month with amplified music, as long as there are no other bookings that month then this won't be a problem. If we do have a booking you can still play music on an iPod & docking station etc.
- What is the maximum number of people? Under the terms of our licence the maximum number of guests permitted is 100. The licence also requires all guests to vacate the premises by 11.30pm at the latest (11pm on Sunday nights) and all music to be turned off at 11pm.
- Can I use the kitchen? Yes, the kitchen is included in the cost of the hire. We are able to provide you with some fridge space (approx. ½ a large fridge) and you are welcome to use our cooker. Some caterers provide their own cookers and you are more than welcome to do so, please discuss this when making your booking.
- Do you have disabled access? Yes, we have a lift that is suitable for wheelchair users and an accessible toilet.
- Are there any age restrictions? The hall is available for hire to anyone over the age of 25.
- I don't want to book the function room but I would like to book the bar only, is that possible? Yes, please contact the club for the reduced rates.
- Do you have any tablecloths? - Yes, you can hire tablecloths from us for £6.00 per cloth. You are also welcome to bring your own.
- Do I have to clean the hall after I've used it? Please leave the kitchen as you found it. Our staff will remove any rubbish, put away tables and chairs and clean the floors etc in the function room so you don't need to do this; we charge £45.00 for this service which also includes setting up tables & chairs and putting our tablecloths on the tables if required.
- How many members of staff will I need to help? This depends on the number of people attending your event, as a guideline – Up to 30 guests - 1 member of staff; 60 Guests or less 2 staff; 60 – 100 guests 3 staff.
- I don't want to use the bar, do I still require staff? Yes, we always have at least one member of staff present when private functions are taking place.